Alcohol licensing

If you wish to sell or serve alcohol, you must first apply for a licence to do so. These licences are granted by the municipality in which the alcohol is to be sold or served. The County Governor can grant licences to serve alcohol to ships that provide public transport services, as well as to cruise ships.

Right of appeal

If you apply for a licence to sell or serve alcohol and are refused by the municipality, you may appeal to the County Governor. The County Governor can only determine whether the decision is lawful, whether it has been made by the correct administrative body and whether it has been arrived at in a lawful manner. Appeals should be sent through the municipality that has made the decision to reject that particular application.

Show more